Introduction

As a Portuguese living in Hamburg, one of the most often asked questions by my friends and relatives back in Portugal is: Aren't the Germans not too talkative?
On a first thought, I would say: Yes, no doubt about it. At least compared with most of the Portuguese that I know, starting by myself.
But after having been asked so many times the same thing I've given it a second thought and it came out that it is true that, in general, Germans are not the most talkative of people (and specially not in the North where I live) but there is a constant attempt of visual communication through all sorts of stickers and messages hanging in the most awkward places that you can imagine.
And that's where the idea of this blog began:
In the following posts I will try to share this communication that is a daily part of my life as an anonymous citizen walking around the second biggest German city.

(Eifflerstrasse)

Comentários

Mensagens populares